Founded in 1998 by Dr. Stacia Lansman, Pediatric Alternatives has grown to be a unique medical practice offering the best of western and integrative medicine.
Using our combined training in western medicine, homeopathy, herbal medicine, naturopathic medicine and nutrition, we work as a team to find the best therapies for your children. After many years practicing pediatrics, we have observed that children usually heal from common childhood illnesses naturally requiring little medical intervention. We are pleased to say that most of the children in our practice have never been on antibiotics and rarely need prescription medications.
Our doctors are broad-minded and experienced. Our medical staff consists of three pediatricians (MDs) and a naturopathic doctor (ND)
trained in pediatrics and adult medicine. Our doctors are very accessible and have a unique personal connection with each family.At Pediatric Alternatives
- We believe that whether, when and how much to vaccinate is both a personal choice and a public health issue. In partnership with each family we decide together what is best for your child. At Pediatric Alternatives, vaccinations are generally given one at a time and only if your child is well.
- We encourage and support our moms to breastfeed their infants for two years when possible. Breastfeeding helps children stay healthy during these critical years providing the basis for excellent, lifelong health.
- We offer a naturopathic approach to allergy elimination through good nutrition and gut health.
- Our doctors personally choose all the products we stock on our retail shelves. Our prescriptions include homeopathic remedies, herbs, natural supplements and salves that may be conveniently purchased in the office. We also have a very interesting selection of books and health products to support you and your family.
- Our longer office visits allow time to get to know our patients and individualize their treatments.
- Yearly check-ups at Pediatric Alternatives emphasize nutrition and good eating habits. Since we believe that food is medicine, we encourage our parents to go back to the kitchen to prepare the nourishing foods of our ancestors. Our classes and discussions include practical and healthy nutritional support.
- Homeopathic principles guide our decision-making. We believe that the body intelligently attempts to cure itself through the production of symptoms. We avoid western medicines that suppress symptoms allowing the body to heal naturally.